It is important to remember, every day, that everything is impermanent. All notions, things and people are impermanent. Sickness and loss are inevitable, so we must live in the moment to be truly fulfilled.
We can Savor our time in this life, every moment, every breath, every meal and every relationship with mindfulness.
The following statements can help guide us through the process of savoring our lives.
Please contemplate the 5 remembrances:
1. I am of the nature to grow old. There is no way to escape growing old.
2. I am of the nature to have ill health-there is no way to escape having ill health.
3. I am of the nature to die. There is no way to escape death.
4. All that is dear to me and everyone I love are of the nature to change. There is no way to escape being separated from them.
5. My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground on which I stand.
This deep meditation can help you savor every moment of your day. To learn more, see Savor, Pg. 236.